Paris Air Show: Four Topics to Watch
As the Harris Williams Aerospace, Defense & Government Services (ADG) Group looks ahead to the 2019 International Paris Air Show, four topics are front and center for the team:
1. Ongoing Trade Dispute between China and the U.S.
- Will this affect the global order book for aircraft deliveries, particularly for Boeing?
- Will there be ramifications on fleet outlook in the high-growth Asia Pacific market?
- Does the dispute create substantial opportunities for Airbus?
2. Boeing Announcements
- How will Boeing address the ongoing 737 MAX challenges at the show?
- Will issues with the MAX impact Boeing’s plans for its New Midsize Airplane?
- How will Boeing’s large suppliers speak to the situation, if at all?
3. Cross-border M&A within Aerospace and Defense
- How will the current regulatory and political climate impact cross-border M&A?
- What are the key considerations for international buyers seeking to acquire U.S. aerospace and defense suppliers?
- For U.S. businesses, how do deal backlog and recent changes to CFIUS regulations impact sale process strategy?
4. Strategic Activity in the Aftermarket
- With its integration of KLX nearing completion, what will Boeing Global Services’ next big M&A move be?
- How will BGS commercial activity influence other OEMs’ involvement in the aftermarket?
- What will be the next landscape-altering development within the aftermarket?
We look forward to seeing you in Paris and discussing your views on these important questions. If you are in Paris on Sunday night, please join us at our annual cocktail reception. Click here for more information.