Dental Market Overview: DSOs Poised for Rapid, Long-Term Growth
The dental support organization (DSO) sector is positioned for swift and sustainable growth within the overall dental market, a massive $136+ billion industry that continues to grow at 6% annually.1
DSOs continue to see rising popularity among dental professionals but still maintain substantial room for further expansion. Only 10% of over 200,000 U.S. dentists were affiliated with a DSO in 2019, highlighting a largely untapped market for DSOs to penetrate.2 Additionally, as specialization within the broader dental sector matures, significant value can be further unlocked from diversification of revenue streams and cross-referrals across practices.
In this new report, senior professionals from the Harris Williams Healthcare & Life Sciences Group, Consumer Group, and Technology Group share their expertise on the DSO market, including:
- Key market trends enabling sustainable growth in the sector
- Drivers of M&A activity, including levers for value creation
- U.S. geographies primed for DSO expansion and consolidation
- Current trends producing differentiation and specialization among DSO platforms
- Core characteristics of top-performing companies across specialties
Please contact our senior bankers to find out more about valuable opportunities within the dental ecosystem.
2 Health Policy Institute and American Dental Association