Select Industrial Software and Automation Transactions
Representative HW Transactions
Provider of fully-integrated environmental, health, and safety (“EHS”) compliance, training, and workflow software solutions
Provider of construction accounting, project management, and payroll processing solutions
Provider of SaaS-based environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) software for global, enterprise clients
Provider of fully-integrated, SaaS-based operator qualification, drug & alcohol, safety & insurance, and training solutions
Provider of cloud-based manufacturing execution, ERP, and supply chain software for mid-market manufacturers
Provider of high-performance unmanned aerial systems (UAS) for the global military, public safety, and critical infrastructure markets
Provider of demand response and energy management solutions
Provider of intelligent traffic software (ITS) and IoT solutions for the transportation industry
Provider of highly complex, fully customizable automation solutions for end-of-line packaging applications
Provider of software solutions that manage engineering information throughout the asset lifecycle
Provider of demand response, energy efficiency, and customer engagement solutions
Provider of commercial maritime management and logistics software to the bulk markets
Provider of special machine solutions to address automation, testing, and manufacturing needs for the automotive end market
Provider of a wide variety of specialty electronic, electromechanical, and software products for the fire and life safety industry
Provider of cloud-based business management, ERP, and vertical specific applications for the manufacturing, distribution, and building and construction industries
Designer and manufacturer of distributed solar power generation, inverters, and software applications
Case Study: ComputerEase
HW’s TMT Group advised ComputerEase on its sale to Deltek, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies.
ComputerEase is a leading provider of mission-critical construction accounting, project management, and payroll processing solutions that enable contractors to manage and gain real-time visibility into their company’s operations and financial performance – whether in the office or remotely in the field.
ComputerEase’s fully integrated, cloud-based solution is purpose built to meet the unique needs of diverse contractor trades and sizes, with complex and varying union, labor, and equipment requirements. Today, more than 6,000 contractors rely on ComputerEase to streamline their operations and increase profits.
Deltek is a leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for project-based businesses. More than 23,000 organizations and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek for superior levels of project intelligence, management and collaboration. The company’s industry-focused expertise powers project success by helping firms achieve performance that maximizes productivity and revenue.
- ERP / Project Management
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction Software
Case Study: Cority
HW’s TMT Group advised Cority, a portfolio company of Norwest Venture Partners, on the sale of a majority stake to Thoma Bravo.
Cority is a highly trusted environmental, health, safety, and quality (EHSQ) software for assuring client success. Cority enables organizations to utilize EHSQ software to advance their journey to sustainability and operational excellence by combining the deepest domain expertise with the most comprehensive and secure true SaaS platform.
With 30+ years of innovation and experience, Cority’s team of over 350 experts serve over 800 clients in 100 countries, supporting 2.5 million end users. The company enjoys the industry’s highest levels of client satisfaction and has received many awards for its strong employee culture and outstanding business performance.
Thoma Bravo is a leading private equity firm focused on the software and technology-enabled services sectors. With a series of funds representing more than $30 billion in capital commitments, Thoma Bravo partners with a company’s management team to implement operating best practices, invest in growth initiatives and make accretive acquisitions intended to accelerate revenue and earnings, with the goal of increasing the value of the business.
- Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality (EHSQ)
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC)
- Industrial Software
The Industrial Sector’s Appetite for Software is Growing, Driving Demand for Integrated Technology and Data Platforms
- The emergence of Industrial IoT Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that connect machines, data, and people to drive unconventional growth through new revenue streams, hybrid business models, and enhanced product innovation
- The global Industrial IoT market is expected to reach $124B by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 7%+, driven by improved operational efficiency, improved productivity, creation of new business opportunities, reduction in downtime, and optimization of asset utilization
- Due to the technical requirements in achieving Manufacturing 4.0, manufacturers today are partnering with IIoT enabled platforms and software providers as a catalyst to achieve digital transformation
- Product lifecycles are becoming increasingly complex as manufacturers seek real-time visibility and integration across their global supply chains and multi-site production operations
- The proliferation of connected machines and devices is accelerating the adoption of cloud-based solutions capable of delivering real-time information and connecting plants across geographies without the costs and complexity of managing robust technology infrastructure
- 100% Global Population Expected to have LPWAN Coverage by 2022
41B+ IoT Devices Worldwide by 2025
Industry Convergence Driving Innovation1,2
Increasing M&A Momentum Across the Industrial Software Market
Select Notable Industrial Software M&A Activity
Notable Industry Consolidators
Note: Logos are representative of M&A participants and not comprehensive.
Recent Industrial Software Transactions3,4
ECI Software’s Acquisition of Trivest Beheer B.V.
- Trivest is a provider of industry-specific solutions to companies in the manufacturing sector, including ERP (enterprise resource planning), APM (advanced production management system), MES (manufacturing execution system), and CAD/CAM design software, as well as business intelligence solutions
- The company’s suite of software solutions optimize and automate processes across the entire value chain for customers in 27 countries
- The acquisition will give ECI an established presence in the Netherlands and Europe, and also create a more robust platform solution for SMB manufacturers
Splunk’s Acquisition of SignalFx
- SignalFx is a provider of real-time monitoring for cloud infrastructure, microservices, and applications
- The company’s platform enables organizations to detect network anomalies in infrastructure, micro-services, and applications with machine learning
- The combination of Splunk and SignalFx will provide IT and developers a data platform that can monitor and observe data in real time, regardless of infrastructure or data volume
Eurazeo’s Majority Investment in Elemica
- Elemica provides a digital supply-chain SaaS solutions for customers to connect, automate, and have full end-to-end visibility into their supply chains
- The Company accelerates digital supply-chain management transformation for its more than 450 customers globally, including 35+ of the top global 100 chemical companies
- With the support, expertise, and international network from Eurazeo, Elemica will accelerate its development in new industries, geographies, and product offerings
ANSYS’s Pending Acquisition of Livermore Software Technology
- Livermore Software Technology Corporation (LSTC) is a provider explicit dynamics and other advanced finite element analysis technology
- The company’s LS-DYNA solution, a highly scalable multiphysics solver, is used throughout the automotive industry to accurately predict a vehicle’s behavior and the effects on occupants during a collision
- The acquisition will enable ANSYS to significantly advance their existing integration of LS-DYNA into the ANSYS Workbench environment and provide customers seamless access to an even wider range of advanced simulation technology
Cinven’s Acquisition of Jaggaer
- Jaggaer is a provider of cloud-based Source-to-Pay eProcurement solutions for spend management, enabling a fluid supply chain for its customers through a network of four million suppliers across 70 countries
- The company’s platform is driven by powerful spend analytics, vendor sourcing, contract lifecycle management, savings tracking, and efficient accounts payable systems on a single platform
- Cinven intends to help Jaggaer drive growth through R&D, improving its market-leading products, such as the Jaggaer One platform, and further acquisitions
Industrial Software Landscape
Representative Industrial Software Solution Providers
To receive the latest Industrial Software market maps, please contact HW at *TMT_IndustrialSoftware@harriswilliams.com
Industrial Software Public Market Observations3
As of September 30, 2019
Industrial Software Market Valuations3
5. HW proprietary transaction information
The information and views contained in this report were prepared by Harris Williams LLC (“Harris Williams”). It is not a research report, as such term is defined by applicable law and regulations, and is provided for informational purposes only. It is not to be construed as an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any securities or financial instruments or to participate in any particular trading strategy. The information contained herein is believed by Harris Williams to be reliable but Harris Williams makes no representation as to the accuracy or completeness of such information. Harris Williams and/or its affiliates may be market makers or specialists in, act as advisers or lenders to, have positions in and effect transactions in securities of companies mentioned herein and also may provide, may have provided, or may seek to provide investment banking services for those companies. In addition, Harris Williams and/or its affiliates or their respective officers, directors and employees may hold long or short positions in the securities, options thereon or other related financial products of companies discussed herein. Opinions, estimates and projections in this report constitute Harris Williams’ judgment and are subject to change without notice. The securities and financial instruments discussed in this report may not be suitable for all investors and investors must make their own investment decisions using their own independent advisors as they believe necessary and based upon their specific financial situations and investment objectives. Also, past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. No part of this material may be copied or duplicated in any form or by any means, or redistributed, without Harris Williams’ prior written consent.
Harris Williams LLC is a registered broker-dealer and member of FINRA and SIPC. Harris Williams & Co. Ltd is a private limited company incorporated under English law with its registered office at 5th Floor, 6 St. Andrew Street, London EC4A 3AE, UK, registered with the Registrar of Companies for England and Wales (registration number 07078852). Harris Williams & Co. Ltd is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Harris Williams & Co. Corporate Finance Advisors GmbH is registered in the commercial register of the local court of Frankfurt am Main, Germany, under HRB 107540. The registered address is Bockenheimer Landstrasse 33-35, 60325 Frankfurt am Main, Germany (email address: email@example.com). Geschäftsführer/Directors: Jeffery H. Perkins, Paul Poggi. (VAT No. awaited). Harris Williams is a trade name under which Harris Williams LLC, Harris Williams & Co. Ltd and Harris Williams & Co. Corporate Finance Advisors GmbH conduct business.