Harris Williams Overview
Global Advisory Platform
- Founded in 1991
- 350+ professionals across eight offices globally
- 170+ closed transactions in the last 24 months
- 21st record year in 2018
- 10 dedicated industry groups
HW Testing, Inspection & Certification (“TIC”) Sector Focus Areas
Buildings & Infrastructure
- Design Review
- Commercial, Residential, and Civil Inspection
- Project and Construction Management
- Construction Materials Testing
- Structure Integrity Analysis
- Product Failure Analysis
- Environmental Impact Testing
- Consumer Products Testing
- Trade Certification and Auditing
- Expert Witness Services
Energy / Oil & Gas
- Oil, Fuel, Liquids, and Chain of Custody Testing
- Energy Infrastructure Inspection and Testing
- Integrity Management
- Corrosion Monitoring
- Production Analytics and Measurement
- Stormwater Management
- Emissions Monitoring and Testing
- Soil, Water, and Air Testing
- Environmental Consulting
- Industrial Hygiene
Food & Agriculture
- Pesticide, Soil, and Seed/Crop Testing
- FDA Audit and Compliance
- Chemical and Nutritional Testing
- Food Production Assessments
- Food Contaminant Testing
- Pharmaceuticals Testing
- Medical Device Testing
- Ecological Toxicology
- Residue and Analytical Chemistry
- Soil, Plant, Animal Metabolism
Power & Utilities
- T&D Inspection & Testing
- Electrical Inspection & Testing
- Renewables Testing and Inspection
- In-Plant Inspection
- Reliability Services
Transportation & Aerospace
- Supplier and Supply Chain Audits
- 3rd Party Assessments
- Performance Management Services
- Aerospace and Automotive Parts Testing
- Manufacturing Inspection
Select TIC M&A Transactions
Eddyfi Technologies Acquires NDT Global
- NDT Global is a Germany based provider of ultrasonic pipeline inspection and data analysis services for onshore and offshore pipelines.
- Eddyfi Technologies is currently a portfolio company of Caisse de Dépôt et Placement du Québec.
Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Takes Minority Stake in Socotec
- Socotec is a France based provider of inspection and measurement services for engineering structures, facilities, and equipment. Socotec is currently a portfolio company of Cobepa.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice’s investment will provide the group with 33% ownership stake.
Shermco Industries Acquires NextGen Technologies
- NextGen Technologies is a Canada based provider of integrated electrical testing services including design, testing, commissioning, maintenance, and repairs of protection and control systems.
- Shermco Industries is currently a portfolio company of Gryphon Investors.
Socotec Acquires Vidaris
- Vidaris is a leading provider of assurance services, building design, efficiency and dispute resolution in the construction, real estate, infrastructure and industrial fields.
- Vidaris was previously a portfolio company of Cortec Group. Socotec is currently a portfolio company of Cobepa.
Montrose Environmental Group Acquires Air, Water & Soil Laboratories
- Air, Water & Soil Laboratories is a leading testing services and data analysis of wastewater, drinking water, soil, solids, and air in the mid-Atlantic.
- Montrose Environmental Group is currently a portfolio company of GFI Oaktree Capital Management.
The Riverside Company Acquires Performance Systems Integration
- Performance Systems Integration is a leading provider of fire and life safety services including system inspection, service, and monitoring to clients in the Pacific Northwest.
- Performance Systems Integration was previously a portfolio company of Peterson Partners.
Boxwood Merger Corporation Has Reached an Agreement to Acquire Atlas Technical Consultants
- Atlas Technical Consultants, currently a portfolio company of Bernhard Capital Partners, is a leading provider professional testing, inspection, engineering, and consulting services to public and private infrastructure.
- Harris Williams is serving as the lead advisor to Atlas Technical Consultants.
Harris Williams has a broad range of industry expertise, which create powerful opportunities. Our clients benefit form our deep-sector experience, integrated industry intelligence and collaboration across the firm, and our commitment to learning what makes them unique. For more information, visit our website at www.harriswilliams.com/industries.
Industry Group Expertise
The information and views contained in this report were prepared by Harris Williams LLC (“Harris Williams”). It is not a research report, as such term is defined by applicable law and regulations, and is provided for informational purposes only. It is not to be construed as an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any securities or financial instruments or to participate in any particular trading strategy. The information contained herein is believed by Harris Williams to be reliable but Harris Williams makes no representation as to the accuracy or completeness of such information. Harris Williams and/or its affiliates may be market makers or specialists in, act as advisers or lenders to, have positions in and effect transactions in securities of companies mentioned herein and also may provide, may have provided, or may seek to provide investment banking services for those companies. In addition, Harris Williams and/or its affiliates or their respective officers, directors and employees may hold long or short positions in the securities, options thereon or other related financial products of companies discussed herein. Opinions, estimates and projections in this report constitute Harris Williams’ judgment and are subject to change without notice. The securities and financial instruments discussed in this report may not be suitable for all investors and investors must make their own investment decisions using their own independent advisors as they believe necessary and based upon their specific financial situations and investment objectives. Also, past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. No part of this material may be copied or duplicated in any form or by any means, or redistributed, without Harris Williams’ prior written consent.
Harris Williams LLC is a registered broker-dealer and member of FINRA and SIPC. Harris Williams & Co. Ltd is a private limited company incorporated under English law with its registered office at 5th Floor, 6 St. Andrew Street, London EC4A 3AE, UK, registered with the Registrar of Companies for England and Wales (registration number 07078852). Harris Williams & Co. Ltd is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Harris Williams & Co. Corporate Finance Advisors GmbH is registered in the commercial register of the local court of Frankfurt am Main, Germany, under HRB 107540. The registered address is Bockenheimer Landstrasse 33-35, 60325 Frankfurt am Main, Germany (email address: email@example.com). Geschäftsführer/Directors: Jeffery H. Perkins, Paul Poggi. (VAT No. awaited). Harris Williams is a trade name under which Harris Williams LLC, Harris Williams & Co. Ltd and Harris Williams & Co. Corporate Finance Advisors GmbH conduct business.